Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Book worm here.

So I love to read. I know it may seem nerdy but it's one of my favorite things to do during my free time. It's also the only way I'm able to fall asleep at night. I read every night before I go to bed. I believe it is the perfect day to end any day. If I've had a bad day, it helps me forget about my problems and think about someone else's life. If I've had a good day, then why not top it off by enjoying a good book? On Saturday I was at the St. Cloud mall with a friend, helping her pick out a dress for snow days. We walked past a used book store about four times. Every time we walked past it I just stared at it longingly. I knew I wanted to go in there. Finally, the fifth time we walked past I drug my friend into the store. (she hates reading, but she knows how much I love it so she came with anyways). I'm not sure why I'd never gone in that store before! I've been to that mall soo many times and it's never occurred to me to go in. I guess normally I get so caught up in buying all the shoes and clothes that it doesn't even cross my mind to go shopping for books! Anyways, this store was awesome! It had every book you could imagine, and the best thing was everything was so cheap! Just because these books had been used, did not mean they had any less value to me. I couldn't decide which ones to buy and which to not! So I guess what I'm saying is, keep your eyes open! Look for new things! Try new things! There might be something in your everyday life that you notice but never think of doing. New opportunities are waiting for us everyday :)

6 comments:

  1. Amen girl! We should start a book club or something! I definitely agree. Even if it's super nerdy, sometimes I'd rather stay home on a Friday night and read rather than go out. I'll definitely have to check that store out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A book club would be awesome! And I totally understand that Friday night feeling, hot chocolate makes those nights even better:)

      Delete
  2. Book club? I'm game! And Whitney- I do the same thing! I just did that last Saturday night because I wanted to finish girl with the dragon tattoo. Haha and Baillee, what's that store called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember the name but it's right next to payless!

      Delete
  3. Let's do it then ladies! Our own book club! (:

    ReplyDelete