Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Right People

I'd like to send a shout out to Katie Pieper! Thank you for reading my blog! I would really enjoy it if you would start one also:)

If you've ever taken a look around the cafeteria during lunch you will notice that everybody is sitting in certain groups. Normally, the same people sit with each other every day. It is not common to see people sitting with different people. I never really thought much of this until yesterday, when our LOH (Leaders on the Horizon) group decided to sit together at lunch. We decided to do this because we normally meet on Mondays and this Monday we had school. This made me wonder what people thought of a random group sitting together at lunch. (we have 2 boys and 5 girls from 10th and 11th grade) Ever since I can remember I've sat with the same people at lunch everyday, all the girls in my grade. Yesterday I really enjoyed myself sitting with a new group of people. We had really good conversation that was different than what I normally have. I encourage other people to try sitting with new people. Of course, it is always fun to sit with your friends. But,it is really good to get to know other people and expand your horizons. So instead of sitting with all the "right" people maybe we should try sitting with the "wrong" people. I think it would just be awesome if everybody felt comfortable sitting with anybody in our cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment